Sunday, June 12, 2011

Last days in Rezina

I'm back in Chisinau (the capital) now after a few long bus rides from Rezina. But i'll recap the last few days I had in Rezina.

Thursday was the first day of the kids camp and I think I did 8 haircuts that day. It was very hard for me to interact with the kids because of the language barrier, so there was lots of smiling and gesturing. haha. The day flew by at the camp, and we went back to the appartment of plan out the last day of the camp. It was one of the guy's birthday on the team so we celebrated with ice cream and coke, some cards, and a movie.

Friday was the last day of the childrens camp, and I only did about 4 or 5 haircuts that day. The kids played lots of games and recited the memory verses they had learned that week for candy. The lunches we had been making were bread with mayo and cheese and meat but on friday it was "meat paste", meat, and cheese or mayo, sardines, and cheese. Nasty. haha. I had to force myself to eat lunch that day. But I survived the meat paste lol. I just couldn't do the sardines. We washed the car then went back to play some cards. Ligretto(I think? haha) is what we've been playing all week. I think it's called dutch blitz in America. very addicting game.

Saturday was my birthday. woot woot. haha. I'm so old. Goodness. 20. In the morning one of the girls took me on a walk to the river which is a border between Moldova and Transnistria. Its a very strict country ruled by Russia. Just to get over the bridge into the country, they search your car throughly and everything else you have including passports and visas. The river was very pretty though. The walk took 2 1/2 hours. I was so dead after it haha. the last half was all uphill. I'll try to put the pics up on my picasaweb album. Thankfully it stopped raining while we were on the walk, but it rained the rest of the day. Later that day we went over to one of the missionaries houses for a party for me and the other guy who had a birthday to celebrate. We had some cake and played ligretto until like 11.

This morning, we went to church. There was an American pastor that spoke so that was cool. He was from North Carolina, so he had a real strong accent but it was so nice to understand the message without a translator. Even only after 2 weeks of being away from my home church, I miss being able to understand the message. I dont think I will ever take that forgranted again when I get home. Todays service lasted 2 1/2 hours. Services at home will seem so short! haha. Then we bought our bus ticket and went back and ate lunch then packed everything up to leave. The bus ride took about 2 hours then we switched buses to get to the missions center. I'm glad to be back. I'll definitely miss hanging out with the team every night, but it's nice to be back in Chisinau.

This week I will stay in Chisinau. Tomorrow we are having a picnick with all the missionaries...everyone has driven to the capital for a big run for charity thing so that'll be neat. Tuesday we will have a prayer and fasting day all day. So I'm not quite sure what to expect...lots of praying haha. Not sure what else the rest of the week holds. I'm trying to see if I can visit a place that works with girls that have been trafficked to see if I can mmaybe cut hair or just to visit. I think that would be good. So just pray that God would lead and provide some awesome opportunities this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment