Saturday, June 4, 2011

Praise the Lord, I have a phone....and clippers! :)



Today has been such a busy day. This morning my roomate and I went to the zoo with one of the familes here. It was fun and gave us something to do on our day off. They didn't have very many animals on display so in a few cages they had regular cats and in another they had a dog that they said was a coyote or something haha. It definitely was a dog. Then we went to eat at mcdonalds. It's so crazy...walking into a mcdonalds here is like stepping into the U.S. Pretty much everything is the same. Cheeseburger and chips(fries) :) Then we met up with one of the girls that works at OM to go shopping. She is from here so she knows everything very well and she speaks english good too! We rode the bus for almost an hour to get to the shopping center. It was very big and nice. and air conditioned! It is like a mall with some smaller stores and a huge walmart/meijer type grocery store in it. I found some clippers for real cheap, so I'm so glad I will be able to have those to cut guys hair now! Then I asked the girl we were with if I could get a cheap phone somewhere because i wil be traveling around most of the time I am here. She told me her brother had an old one that I could buy from her for half the price. Definitely a God things. The other missionaries had told me they weren't sure I would be able to get one at all and before I came I was told they were too expensive to buy. so I'm very glad I will be able to have this with me as I travel and maybe to call home on my birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment