Monday, June 13, 2011

Run for the world

This morning we had an event called Run for the World. The OM team got together and met in a forest/woods type place and had the choice to run 3 kilometers to raise money for kids in Africa for water, food, and missions there. So it was kind of neat to be connected to both moldova, where I am now, and Africa, where I've been. It makes things like this so different when you know names and faces of kids that live in Africa. I had all my baby center kiddos in my mind while we were doing this. After the run we just hung out in the woods for a few hours and had a moldovan BBQ. It was nice to have most of the OM Moldova team there to talk to and get to know a little.

After the picnick, my roomate and I went to the store, which doesn't sound like a big accomplishment but it was big for us! haha. We had to get on the right bus and tell the driver where to stop and shop strategically while trying to understand some Romanian to know what food was what. Pictures are our best friend while we shop. haha. Then we came back to the mission center to eat our last meal before 6. We are doing a prayer and fasting day from 6 tonight until 6 tomorrow night. A group from America is coming to stay at the mission center tonight so we're excited to have some company!

Pray for the prayer and fasting day that we've just entered into. As I sit here and think I dont really know how to say how you can pray for it, but just pray that God would move and work. Pray that we can have energy to last through the day. It will be good to come together as a big team and pray. So yeah, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it or what to expect but I think it will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment